The " Logis de la Chabotterie" is a quiet place where the history is still alive. This site is the most important site of memory in the department and it offers you a panoramic view of the history and heritage of Vendée.
For the region of Vendée, the war of 1793 is very significant and when we say "Logis de la Chabotterie" we automatically think at the end of the Vendée war because the King of this" great war", the General Charette, was taken here after his capture.
The "Logis de la Chabotterie" follows the typical layout of a Bas Poitevin manor house, a complex comprising castle and smallholding. Vendee Conseil Départemental has restored to the manor house much of its former appearance in the late 18th century.
Enjoy unforgettable moments
The “Logis de la Chabotterie” lives all year thanks to thematic activities and cultural events so feel free to call for more information.
Phone number: 02 51 42 81 00
From October till March : 10AM – 12:30AM and 2PM – 6PM. Closed on Thuesdays
In April, May and September : 10AM – 12:30AM and 1:30PM – 6PM every day
From June till August : 10AM – 7PM every day
· Adults: € 7
· 18-25 years old, unemployed, disability card: € 3.50
· Free for children less than 18 years
Partial access to the people presenting a handicap:
- Visit on the same level of the scenography " Charette and the War of Vendée " and of the garden
- Visit virtual historic rooms: French, English and LSF
- Visit in LSF the historic rooms
- Document of visit in French, English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and German
- Available tape guide in French and English versions
Free parking on site for cars and buses
20 minutes from La Roche-sur-Yon
30 minutes from Nantes
50 minutes from Le Puy du Fou
A83 motorway exit Niort Nantes Montaigu
Highway Montaigu - La Roche-sur-Yon, the output Logis Chabotterie